You'll be working on Showrunner, our collaborative editor for TV and film. Instead of static PDFs, it creates living documents that can be accessed in real-time throughout production. Writing and production teams are using Showrunner at HBO, Showtime, CBS, Viacom, and Netflix to save money by working faster together.
Here's what you'll do:
- Maintain and improve our code, in close coordination with the CTO and the rest of the dev team.
- Create and refine the frontend code of a web-scale application that can rapidly and successfully meet the needs of demanding and high-profile clients.
- Work on a next-generation, real-time, collaborative screenplay editor and production planning interface.
- Plan and add specific modules to meet the needs of clients in an exciting and evolving industry.
- Along with the product team and the rest of the development team, conceive and implement new features and capabilities for our software that we would never have thought of without you.
- Work during the work day, and then stop. We strongly value our time off and side projects.
- Learn something new every day from a diverse, energetic, and nationwide group of coworkers.
- Help Showrunner go from a promising upstart with a lot of buzz to an industry standard tool, used daily to create the best TV shows and movies in the business.
- If you've ever built anything using Prosemirror, you should really tell us about it.
- You're not afraid to step outside your wheelhouse sometimes and pitch in wherever a need might arise.
- You can express yourself clearly in writing and conversation.
- You can balance multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities and find a path that produces the most success for the company and our users.
- You can be happy and productive working on a fully remote team, who you will likely see in person only a few times per year.
- You love to learn from your coworkers, and teach them what you know.
- You love building software that people use daily and rely on to create great things. You cannot be completely satisfied with your own work until the users love it.
- You live and work somewhere in the United States or Canada.
Our team is fully distributed, and we take two annual two-week hiatuses (just like TV!), in addition to providing 10 more days of flexible paid time off and major holidays. That's about 6 weeks of vacation a year! We offer comprehensive health insurance and pay 100% of your premium. This position will vest meaningful equity. We're small enough that you'll have a big impact on how we approach features like real-time collaboration, live document parsing, and third-party integrations.
Oh, and Stephen Colbert is one of our co-founders.